VMware Postgres v11.10 Release Notes
This document describes features, fixes, and known issues in VMware Postgres v11.10.
|VMware Postgres Version||Component||Component Version|
Release Date: Jan 13th, 2021
VMware Postgres 11.10.0 updates the PostgreSQL database version to 11.10. Version 11.10 fixes three important issues:
- CVE-2020-25695: Multiple features escape “security restricted operation” sandbox
- CVE-2020-25694: Reconnection can downgrade connection security settings
- CVE-2020-25696: psql’s \gset allows overwriting specially treated variables
Version 11.10 also includes numerous bug fixes and improvements, as highlighted in Security Issues.
- VMware does not support using the
repmgrwitness server, as it is not a full and complete solution for detecting split brain scenarios. Use external utilities (not provided by VMware) to prevent a split brain situation and to initiate fail-overs using the
- VMware does not support using the deprecated XML2 module.
- You cannot install VMware Postgres alongside an existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux PostgreSQL installation.
- All software components in this release, including the client ODBC and JDBC drivers, are supported only on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 7 and CentOS 7 systems.