Pivotal Postgres v11.2 Release Notes
This document describes features, fixes, and known issues in Pivotal Postgres v11.2.
|Pivotal Postgres Version||Component||Component Version|
The final portion of the version (for example,
-1) indicates the Pivotal packaging version of the component. From time to time Pivotal may change the install package or installation method, but not change the upstream version of the open source component. In such a case, only the Pivotal version would increment.
- This release of Pivotal Postgres updates the PostgreSQL database version to 11.2. See E1.2. Changes in the PostgreSQL 11.2 Release Notes for a detailed list of changes.
- The software distribution has changed to package all server and client components into a single RPM, and client-only components into a second RPM. The Postgres JDBC driver remains as a separate ZIP file distribution. See Upgrading to Pivotal Postgres 11.2 below for upgrade considerations related to this packaging change.
Because of the RPM packaging changes between Pivotal Postgres 11.1 and 11.2, performing an upgrade to the new 11.2 software may install additional components, in addition to upgrading installed components. For example, if you installed only the version 11.1 PostgreSQL Database RPM, upgrading using the new Pivotal Postgres Server RPM distribution would add
repmgr and the ODBC driver in addition to updating the existing PostgreSQL Database component.
You cannot directly upgrade from the previous Pivotal Postgres release to the current Pivotal Postgres Client package. If you want to install the Pivotal Postgres Clients on a machine that has the previous Pivotal Postgres packages installed, you must first remove those packages.
See Installing or Upgrading Pivotal Postgres for information about the RPM package contents and upgrade instructions.
- Pivotal does not support using the
repmgrwitness server, as it is not a full and complete solution for detecting split brain scenarios. Use external utilities (not provided by Pivotal) to prevent a split brain situation and to initiate fail-overs using the
- You cannot install Pivotal Postgres alongside an existing Red Hat Enterprise Linux PostgreSQL installation.
- All software components in this release, including the client ODBC and JDBC drivers, are supported only on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 7 and CentOS 7 systems.